T (no first name) Wignesan
Waiting For The Government...
Waiting for the government
to do some thing
I didn't get that.
Oh, you took a space-craft out
We'll keep our fingers crossed
behind our backs…
No, not at all. Don't thank us. We thank you.
Don't call us to tell us if you're not coming back.
We're no quid nunc.
Things like this happen: every house
Haiyan rushed by in a leaking hurry.
Yes, we know. You told us to take flight.
Hours before landfall.
At least, you're safe from the likes of these
mud-slamming storm chasers…
What's that again?
O! Your quinquennium?
Don't you worry no more. We'll get that fixed, too.
Sorry, didn't get that?
O, you mean your tri-annual vacation trips.
No sweat! Just keep going. We'll understand.
What? What the…
You want your luggage sent express?
Consider it done. We're tearing muscle from bone.
Be without care.
Handouts by the mountain bales are on the way.
Bon Voyage! Happy landing!
© T. Wignesan - Paris,2013
T (no first name) Wignesan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting For The Government... by T (no first name) Wignesan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- My mother died today, Tammy Ashton
- A New Life, Toshie Nohara