Walk a mile in my shoes!
I will give my shoes to walk a mile in them.
I will give you my shoes so that you can step into my life and have an experience.
I could give you my shoes so that you can see what I hold inside but I know that you can never handle what I deal with.
Can you handle rejection on every aspect of your life.
Can you handle disappointments and being let down by the ones you love?
You see I have to stand in front of the mirror and recite to myself how I'm loved and accepted.
Can you handle the numbness of the heart that desires to be loved?
Can you handle the failed friendships, the ones you thought were your friends having you begging for their glances.
Can you handle a life filled with loneliness, no one to hold and no one to call a friend?
Can you handle the tears that never flow?
Can you handle failed dreams, raped opinions and aborted words?
Can you handle sleepless nights filled with ambition?
I could give you my shoes to walk a mile but I doubt you'd last a second.
I could give you my shoes to walk a mile but your heart wouldn't be able to handle it....
Bongiwe Ndlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Walk a mile in my shoes! by Bongiwe Ndlovu )
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)