Wanderer, death is at the door.
Everyday I breathe, because breath is in my nostrils.
Everyday I spin along with the earth's rolling frills.
Yesterday, today and tomorrow's game
All so different but much the same.
The path leads to Nod,
All for ignorance I follow the path Cain trod.
Seeing that life is as long as as soon as we die
I wander in Nod like a bird with nowhere to fly.
The Horizon is empty,
Time rolls by and I know not if my patience waits or wastes my piety
For everyday the clouds climb past the moor,
Sometimes laughing, others solemnly saying: 'Death is at the door'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wanderer, death is at the door. by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Drink Me In, Susan Lacovara
- Rainbowing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To stop myself from; running to you, Mark Heathcote
- Legitimate Company Goes Boom Bust Dust, Terence G. Craddock
- With least humanity, hasmukh amathalal
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp