Wanderer, death is at the door.
Everyday I breathe, because breath is in my nostrils.
Everyday I spin along with the earth's rolling frills.
Yesterday, today and tomorrow's game
All so different but much the same.
The path leads to Nod,
All for ignorance I follow the path Cain trod.
Seeing that life is as long as as soon as we die
I wander in Nod like a bird with nowhere to fly.
The Horizon is empty,
Time rolls by and I know not if my patience waits or wastes my piety
For everyday the clouds climb past the moor,
Sometimes laughing, others solemnly saying: 'Death is at the door'.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wanderer, death is at the door. by Oke Christopher )
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)