My heart is on the streets of Petaling,
Stomped by the passers by,
Of women and teenagers,
And the never ending onlookers.
My soul is on the trodden steps,
Along the way up to Broga Hills,
and the two hundred and seventy two steps,
That roughly gripped my feet to the ground and caressed them with experiences.
My name has been carved,
On all six coaches of the train,
Whistling with glee as I move across the Borders,
I wish, I wish, I wish, upon more and more.
My finger prints remain on the display glasses in the museums,
Admiring the salvation of histories and the life before that moulded my ancestors,
Oh my Malacca, dearly missed and cherished you are,
Wait for me while I am still breathing.
Bustling city of Kuala Lumpur against the petite Bangi who welcomed me,
The gripping cold air of Nilai at 3 a.m. said hello as the moon smiled,
I said 'Hey' to the home I never knew,
This, is my wanderlust.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wanderlust by Lisa Noorazmi )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?, Ray Lucero
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison