If you had one hour left to live,
If one hour was all you had left to give,
Would you waste it all trembling in fear?
Dreading the darkness looming near?
You who struggled through it all
You who stands fast, whilst others fall
You who has suffered from start until end
Is this how you want to be remembered my friend?
You who wouldn't be broken by storm or by rain
I was with you when you faltered
I witnessed your pain
By your side we crawled through the ice and the mud
As one, we fought through the fire and the blood
If this is our last moment, then let us do it right
Remember what life has taught us
'Those who live are those that fight'
If this is our last moment
Then let us sound our war cry
Of those of us who are truly brave
And are daring now to die.
Samuel Flockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (War Cry by Samuel Flockhart )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns