The power elites thrive on war.
They always have and always will.
So what will be has been before,
Ever an enemy to kill.
The powerful send powerless
Off to fight the foe of the day,
Playing pawns in a game of chess,
Lives and treasure be tossed away.
Why are all power elites so?
Because it is the path of ease.
Powers that be have needs to show
Power does whatever it please.
Power will only live in peace
On a very short, short term lease.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (War Will by Ima Ryma )
- Strongest of them all, Priscilla Rose
- I regret that night in Vegas, but I don'.., Mandolyn ...
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow