Where has the dreamer gone?
Off to war.
And his dreams?
He had to lay them aside.
Will he ever dream his dreams again?
Only after the war.
Will he win the war?
Only if he returns with new dreams.
When will the war end?
Then how can he ever return home?
Only when he stops fighting.
Who will survive the war?
No one at all.
What kind of war is it?
No one knows.
Who is the enemy?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (War by Charles Wagner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet 5: I love thee;, Juwon Daniel
- To Dance in Freedom through Joy, Rohit Sapra
- I FELL BUT STILL ROSE, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR