When if in time… you continually wait
Wasting time given… prone only to hesitate.
All in your life desired… will never take place
When all you could do… was procrastinate.
Time passing quickly
Even though you thought not.
Then you wake one morning
And all you see…is all of that you’ve got!
Piles of regrets…with some tossed in worries and woes
With tons of other baggage… of your life now in tow.
But merrily on… in life you did go
And all for what?
Life...so out of control.
Gaining nothing…and keeping none
Just passing life’s time
Is the only thing… that you’ve done.
No need now… for any deep concern
For it has all... come down to this.
That all you can do now…before the end
Is to sit and regretfully my friend… just reminisce.
By: Linda Winchell
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Wasted Time' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai