We Can't Change...
They’re elite wealthy connected Ottawa aristocrats,
Who walk on water, have scandals though some are diplomats,
Protected by their media mogul friends, to keep their positions
And when scandals are exposed; they never make admissions.
We cannot have DWD or binding referendums - no way,
Our politicians refuse to talk about it and stay away,
And these appointed senators are there till they are seventy five,
Then they get a high pension and continue to thrive.
Why are we stuck with these problems and can’t get free?
Where’s the political leadership we need - not an appointee?
Could we have set-date elections and compulsory votes?
Is there anyone high up in Ottawa allowed to take notes?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (We Can't Change... by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe
- SUPER LOVER~~ Michael Mcparland! ! ! !, Mr. Nobody
- Solid Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fallen flower, hasmukh amathalal
- We all cry, hasmukh amathalal
- Innate Supply Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak