We Come this Way Once
W e come this way just once as Fate prepares
E ffect and Cause to synchronize one chance
C ombining opportunity, advance,
O ffers options, often unawares.
M ost we should make, not take, as soul soul bares,
E xtending trust which must itself enhance
T enderness, awareness, - each shared glance
H as force to steer life’s course, to pare the layers
I mposed by daily drudge which seldom airs
S incerity authentic or romance
W hich might unite to lighten future stance
A nd answers find to mind’s most secret prayers.
Y ears into seconds may encapsulate
ONCE to forever, tuning into Fate.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (We Come this Way Once by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ode, Morgan Michaels
- Milk, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A ROBBER'S UGLY ORDEALS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman
- Hunter, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sun Rise -The Hope, Aftab Alam
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders