Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
We Honour The Courage Of Peace Advocates In China
We waited hoping
China would allow...
to attend the Nobel
Peace Prize ceremony.
Or his wife or close relatives or friends.
We wait and pray for freedom in China.
We honour the courage of peace advocates in China.
We cry for their pain we share their dream freedom.
We waited for weeks years bitter sour
hoping China would wisdom relent
see reason recognize freedom allow
all Chinese people gift freedom of speech.
At the Nobel Peace Prize Award in Oslo
awarded was to the symbolic empty chair
representing Liu Xiaobo innocent imprisoned
we viewed peace soaring in freedom fair.
Freedom in noble crimson silken robes
took flight before us smiling innocent in adversity
the face of freedom without fear enemies
looked down from heaven in wisdom piety serenity.
In sovereignty freedom declares supremacy immutability.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Honour The Courage Of Peace Advocates In China by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton
- Winter flower, ramesh rai
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...