We Will Fly Away
I told my sister, Lynn, one day,
'We'll Fly Away someday.'
'We have already flown away, '
she replied to me carefully.
'You have seen visions of 'The Rapture, '
I honestly told her. I did not
hold on to her hands, please
try and understand if you can.
I have seen 'visions' of angels flying
to and fro. I have seen flying
crosses in the air, to help
me forget my many worries
and cares in this life.
Thankyou, Lord Jesus Christ,
for being my bright and
shining candle light.
I have seen 'light visions' of
saints leaving the ground-
completely heaven bound.
What are 'light visions' you
may say? And by the way
I took no 'happy pills'
to give myself any thrills.
First, off they are all in
bright shining lights,
all dressed up in white.
I have only seen outlined
forms, not faces of
different people, or
We quickly leave the ground,
and are heavon bound.
I have never seen us
reach our heavenly
But I know our heavenly
promise land is real.
If you really want
to know? Jesus Christ-
Himself told me so!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
years of time itself. I must admit, the 'visions of the flying
heaven bound crosses, ' was inspired by watching Christian televison. But it is through the cross that we reach our heavenly
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (We Will Fly Away by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)