We will take our fires...
we will take our fires
to light the stars
and paint the horizons
with its flames of red
and from the ashes
we will rise again and again
with phoenix wings
to soar the heavens
searching for the real meaning
We will take our fires
to the icy polar winds
if we ever feel the chill
of not knowing
what love means.
we will take our fires....
Simple and adorable, trying to create imagery opposing each other.
Indian Poets did a great job of poems like this.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved,18 days ago
- See more at: http: //allpoetry.com/poem/11569677-We-will-take-our-fi res...-by-Marshall-Gass#sthash.TJvWEH7g.dpuf
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We will take our fires... by Marshall Gass )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Keep Heart, Francie Lynch
- Shall appeal, hasmukh amathalal
- collecting the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...
- The Storm, Michael P. McParland
- The Step, Michael P. McParland
- The Stars Are Smiling, Michael P. McParland
- The Scene, Michael P. McParland
- The Only One, Michael P. McParland
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael P. McParland
- Dream Number 3 (hope), Smoky Hoss