Weddings Of Colour
The song wedded itself when a note of illness
Rang the other person, a man of stretched ability
That stayed on his bed for a night and a day.
This funeral was finer than objects of colour,
Dark habits swung into the monkey's parlour
Like a man-like being and like a woman-like structure.
The songs were beaten by the batons of wood
That was harder than any ordinary wood,
Loads of chipped wood piled high and were
Ignited, like the mastery and its lists of words.
The songs of ancient Britain seemed longer
Than the simple words of this divine tongue.
Weddings had abhorred us as we swam towards
The goal with stars in our eyes filtering the gaze,
This gaze was precious, knowing a little by now.
To be wife with man, and to be manly respect
Was a goodly word in the direction of boats on
The riverside, these steamed through the whole landscape.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Weddings Of Colour by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Fire Ants, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- Blame not any one, gajanan mishra
- MAN'S PRETTY WISDOM, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Why Dictatorship Time Implodes, Terence G. Craddock
- The Outing, Phil Soar
- Discrimination Hierarchy Control Games, Terence G. Craddock
- Sonnet # 516, Luis Estable
- Only struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- INNOCENCE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sonnet # 515, Luis Estable