Weed could affect your memory
Weed could affect your memory.
Mom what was I like when I was younger?
What? Huh? Sorry I can’t remember.
You see I’ve been smoking this shit, all my adult life;
My memories useless. What were we talking about?
Me Mom, Me. What was I like when I was a kid?
Oh you’ll always be Mommies little baby to me.
Yeah but Mom, I’m older now and what will I tell my kids?
When they come ask Daddy, what were you like in the Naughties?
When you were our age, what games did you play?
What music did you listen to and who was your favorite?
What music did you love? And was there anything you hated?
Because I’d like to be an angry teenager and become an anarchist!
Because it’s clear you don’t care
About me, because you can’t remember.
When is my birthday Mom?
Er… I know it’s in November.
Oh thanks a lot Mom!
It’s not my fault.
I told you I can’t remember anything,
Because of this green stuff.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Weed could affect your memory by AaI Harvey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Brain-Drain, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon
- We are All Nomads, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dancing Shadows!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Still I Rise, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sweet Sadness, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Keep Smiling, Md. Ziaul Haque
- No More Pain, Md. Ziaul Haque