George Pope Morris
My Mary's voice!--It is the hour
She promised to be here:
Taught by love's mysterious power,
I know that she is near.
I hear the melody she sings
Beneath our happy dome,
And now the woodland cheerly rings
With Mary's welcome home.
My Mary's voice!--I hear it thrill
In rapture on the gale,
As she comes gliding down the hill
To meet me in the vale.
In all the world, on land or sea,
Where'er I chance to roam,
No music is so sweet to me
As Mary's welcome home.
George Pope Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Home. by George Pope Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ice Cold River, Maverick Jones
- No worries, creative killer
- I had a dream we were back together again, ernestine howqard
- Kisses, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry