Welcome stranger, settle bed and board,
Rest sore, weary head while dreamless sleep
both body, mind repairs. Let slumber deep
wash worries well away, your precious hoard
of energy rebuild, - wake, will restored.
Today prepares tomorrow's change to keep
appointments neither 'good' nor 'ill', to reap
stimulating speculations scored
in causal chains, send reins or reigns assured.
Sink surface sorrows, fortune's tide shall sweep
away all disappointments, cares which creep
untimely up, uncalled for, for ill moored.
Time's weaves its cryptic pattern from our dust
emotion, motion, smooths with timely gust.
17 September 2001
Welcome stranger poem © Jonathan Robin
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Stranger by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar
- What a scene, hasmukh amathalal
- Pastoral, Naveed Khalid
- I feel autumn, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tribute To Love, Naveed Khalid
- All Time Poet, Akhtar Jawad
- Carnival, Naveed Khalid