Welcome To My Mind
Brimstone clouds the midday sky
Taking light from living eye
Choking plants until they die
Welcome to my mind.
Acid rain it fills the well
Everyday the same old hell
No one can I ever tell
Confusion all around.
Love and hope are somewhere there
But to much hate for me to care
I sit around and only stare
Anarchy the law.
My walls are high to keep out sin
Though its more to keep whats inside in
Myself, my soul my only kin
To save the world from me.
I'm here but never truly here
Deep inside I hide my fear
If I could only shed a tear
Alas I'm not myself...
Jake Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome To My Mind by Jake Harris )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bernard Shaw
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)