Welcome To My Mind
Brimstone clouds the midday sky
Taking light from living eye
Choking plants until they die
Welcome to my mind.
Acid rain it fills the well
Everyday the same old hell
No one can I ever tell
Confusion all around.
Love and hope are somewhere there
But to much hate for me to care
I sit around and only stare
Anarchy the law.
My walls are high to keep out sin
Though its more to keep whats inside in
Myself, my soul my only kin
To save the world from me.
I'm here but never truly here
Deep inside I hide my fear
If I could only shed a tear
Alas I'm not myself...
Jake Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome To My Mind by Jake Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji