Welcome To The World
My heart is pounding at the speed of a drum
Almost as hard and fast as the vibration of my phone
Phone calls from family members all across Chicago
Worries, cries, sobbers, and tears fill my ears
Through the other side of the phone
I myself have fear throughout my body
For I am hundreds of miles away from home
He has to come. Why isn't he here yet?
We're waiting for his arrival
Why isn't he here?
11 o'clock at night, when everyone's asleep
He's here. He's finally here. March 25th 2008.
Brown hair, brown eyes 9 pounds and 6 ounces
Phone calls now fill my ears with relief, happiness and excitement
The missing piece to our puzzle was found.
Our puzzle is now complete
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome To The World by Lee Lopez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui