What are we longing for?
What are we looking for, in the world,
Where everyone looks for their prey?
What are we searching for, in the confined hearts,
Where everyone is scared of allowing anyone in?
Where are we walking towards on the New moon day,
When the earth gulps the darkness of eternity?
What are we peeping into the darkened infinite space,
From where the God's particles originate and threaten us?
What is the role of the innocent victims,
in the cold and hot predator's jungles?
What is the role of lifeless predators,
in the jungle full of victims, who are alive?
What is the role something that floats,
when it is carried in a vehicle that can be driven?
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What are we longing for? by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies