What can I ask?
You often ask me if I wanted something.
I have never asked you for anything
Because when I came home
After a long travel
Away from you and this place
And those I love,
My larder was already full
Brimming, no place for further replenishment.
This place was new, furbished and wondrous
The trees full of fruits,
The river running with pure water
The land fertile, always expecting
And the harvest was plenty.
Beautiful birds grace the blue sky
With their songs.
And I met my mother and father
And so many sweet smiling faces.
You made it all happen
Before I ever set foot here.
What more can I ask?
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What can I ask? by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid