Waltz For Zizi
What Did You Do With Your Heart?
That was you, holding my heart in your palm
like a flower.
Last night, I found myself in a dream, I had many times before,
a dream that I deemed to be real, in the 29'th day of an april.
Counting the stars on your cheeks,
and the kisses on my lips,
the old kisses that you gave me, fortuitously,
in the empty elevator
or on the black stairs,
when the world was holding itself, far from our childish hearts.
Night was too short in your room, and the day too,
and my heart, never would have gotten bored of you,
like others did.
I'm so ashamed of my heart.
She made you leave, after their dreams,
..she was a fool,
for she did not know how to love you
the way you wanted to be loved.
Straying nude in their palms, your kisses, on their lips,
while alone I love you,
more than the sum of them all,
losing you in their beds,
my dreams become dust.
I cannot follow your heart there,
but I'm gonna be here, even tomorrow
writing poems for you
like a lover, because
I've lost my heart in your arms
and I want it back.
Give it back!
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Did You Do With Your Heart? by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(14 December 1895 – 18 November 1952)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- RAJ VIKRAM
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- It's Cognizant, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Never A Mistake~, Kamini Arichandran
- Vivaciousness, hafiz qasim
- Christmas 2014-1914, Darlene Walsh
- Without You, Gillu Rahul
- Wordly, hafiz qasim
- In Blue December Breaking Off The Icicle.., mary douglas
- December 10-11- season bonus, Mae AC.
- Mountainclimber, hafiz qasim
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker