Waltz For Zizi
What Did You Do With Your Heart?
That was you, holding my heart in your palm
like a flower.
Last night, I found myself in a dream, I had many times before,
a dream that I deemed to be real, in the 29'th day of an april.
Counting the stars on your cheeks,
and the kisses on my lips,
the old kisses that you gave me, fortuitously,
in the empty elevator
or on the black stairs,
when the world was holding itself, far from our childish hearts.
Night was too short in your room, and the day too,
and my heart, never would have gotten bored of you,
like others did.
I'm so ashamed of my heart.
She made you leave, after their dreams,
..she was a fool,
for she did not know how to love you
the way you wanted to be loved.
Straying nude in their palms, your kisses, on their lips,
while alone I love you,
more than the sum of them all,
losing you in their beds,
my dreams become dust.
I cannot follow your heart there,
but I'm gonna be here, even tomorrow
writing poems for you
like a lover, because
I've lost my heart in your arms
and I want it back.
Give it back!
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Did You Do With Your Heart? by Waltz For Zizi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- My cage..., Liliana lopez
- Prayer To My Ancestors, Tony Adah
- You're Making This Too Easy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I need you., Tyler Anhorn
- Cosmic soul., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What's up, dude..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Automatic Weaponry...And Kids….Ain't Chi.., James B. Earley
- I'll pray you never run away, Mark Heathcote
- See and please come, gajanan mishra
- The Wind, Sara Militello