Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Difference Does It Make
It doesn't matter if it's all fiction.
Is it explicit?
Does it create interest with tension?
There is a lot of that.'
What about drama and suspense?
Is there terror?
I mean the kind that gets folks to bite nails,
With the getting them to sit on the edge of their seats?
'There is plenty of that too!
It guarantees to top the best seller list,
Then what difference does it make,
If none of it is true?
People will buy it.
They will be sold on the events.
Fiction or not.
What they believe we will make to be true.
And after the movie is made...
Who cares what the evidence is?
Who cares who argues about truth and its value?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Difference Does It Make by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- When KKK is Gay, Jack Abootydallah
- Oak Tree where The Black Birds Sleep, Lilly Emery
- Superman, Olusegun Akanbi
- الذبابة الزرقاء, Abdullah alHemaidy
- What, Olusegun Akanbi
- Pervola, Elia Michael
- RAMADAN رمضان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy