Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Difference Does It Make
It doesn't matter if it's all fiction.
Is it explicit?
Does it create interest with tension?
There is a lot of that.'
What about drama and suspense?
Is there terror?
I mean the kind that gets folks to bite nails,
With the getting them to sit on the edge of their seats?
'There is plenty of that too!
It guarantees to top the best seller list,
Then what difference does it make,
If none of it is true?
People will buy it.
They will be sold on the events.
Fiction or not.
What they believe we will make to be true.
And after the movie is made...
Who cares what the evidence is?
Who cares who argues about truth and its value?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Difference Does It Make by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)