Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Difference Does It Make
It doesn't matter if it's all fiction.
Is it explicit?
Does it create interest with tension?
There is a lot of that.'
What about drama and suspense?
Is there terror?
I mean the kind that gets folks to bite nails,
With the getting them to sit on the edge of their seats?
'There is plenty of that too!
It guarantees to top the best seller list,
Then what difference does it make,
If none of it is true?
People will buy it.
They will be sold on the events.
Fiction or not.
What they believe we will make to be true.
And after the movie is made...
Who cares what the evidence is?
Who cares who argues about truth and its value?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Difference Does It Make by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Without a Knife You Can Kill, Toshie Nohara
- Always under a shadow, SALINI NAIR
- My Savior, Bree Balzly
- Fight for Closure, Bree Balzly
- Pictures Of Interior Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Period Of Grace And Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Becoming Pictures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blessed September, Shqipe Prence
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)