James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
WHAT DOES AN ELECTION MEAN?
I have absolutely no influence and neither do you
No Death-With-Dignity or compulsory voting so what’s new?
We’re going to have an election that will only change some names,
But unfortunately, everything else stays exactly the same.
We don’t have referendums, plebiscites or mid term elections,
No propositions or proportional representation selections,
I think its time that maybe someone somewhere should complain,
Maybe set-date elections would help with this awful pain.
We have no death penalty either so therefore, no death row,
Banned from the UN Security Council so there, we can’t go,
Abortion death clinics on every second street are never banned,
Politically correct, never mentioned; all slight of hand.
Death with dignity and assisted suicide - all illegal,
Try to avoid a slow painful death but you can’t and it’s legal,
If you are talking to a politician, ask him/her about this,
See if he/she can get us Death-With-Dignity like the Swiss.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley