What I Want
I want to live a life FULL of LOVE!
I want to have good times, bad times AND in between times...
I want to smile, even when I’m mad...
I want to cry when I’m happy, not just when I'm sad!
I want to love, even if I’m not loved...
I want to live a life FULL of EVERYTHING!
I want to give, just because I want to...
I want to put a homeless person in a hotel, even if it's just 1 night!
I want to FEEL the pain AND joy of LOVE...
I want to play in the rain and not get wet
I want to live a life FULL of GRACE and BEAUTY!
I want perfect make-up everyday
I want to NEVER have a “bad hair” day
I want to experience love, TRUE love, not one-way love
I want to be happy and comfortable in my own skin!
Catherine Hendry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What I Want by Catherine Hendry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis