Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
What if? (pt.2)
What if there was no money?
would there still be greed?
what if there was no hunger?
would there still be poverty?
what if there was no religion?
would there still be questions
about the existence
and significance of the universe?
would there be answers
to such questions?
what if there was no truth?
would there be lies?
what if there was no lie?
would you [have] bother[ed]
to tell the truth?
what if there was no rain?
what if there was no brain?
what if there was no pain?
what if there was no name?
what if there was no claim
to verify or nullify
whatever the blame
what if there was no pen?
would i learn?
would i write on my hand?
would there still be ink?
would there be paper?
what if there was no ink?
poem: 'what if? ' (pt.2)
book: 'google eyes'
year: april 2013
book no.4 of 2013
Onalethuso Petruss Ntema's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What if? (pt.2) by Onalethuso Petruss Ntema )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Indira Renganathan
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)