I switched my head to off.
But my mind wonders.
She wants to stay on.
I cannot argue.
She is in control.
I am caged by her viscous hate.
I am bound to her lustful desires.
I am him.
I am she.
I am him to be a she.
I cannot sleep.
She is awake.
I am high inside the lowest shadow.
I am high outside the deepest shallow.
I swim when I am unable to walk.
They are many sharks.
None with one fin.
They want my flesh.
Unfortunately, I am poisoned.
My curse is scarred deep into my soul.
I smack my veins everyday.
Violet rakes my arms.
In between the needless and the dotted lines.
Pain inflicted by my help of self.
I am healing.
Only if I am let be.
Only then I am free.
Is am burning ash to the fire.
Was never suppose to be me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is by Unic Cjonr )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein