What is It?
It characterizes consistency;
It serves as an entity for reference;
It cannot be seen or touched
But it is symbolic.
It allows a beginning;
It allows an ending;
It gives a duration of events;
On it are all things hinged.
In space with all its forms;
On earth with ups and downs;
Events occur as it goes on and on.
From one point to another;
Within undetermined spaces;
It captures the duration of instances.
Everything is for a reason;
Moment comes and moment goes
While things expire.
It does not wait;
It is a fundamental reality of the universe;
It is held by the hands of God.
All things are at times in sync;
Sometimes catching up or
Sometimes falling behind.
It creates the past;
It creates the present
As it makes way for the future;
Claude Simpson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What is It? by Claude Simpson )
- THOUSAND MOONS, Satish Verma
- Where Larkspur Have The Purple Winds Gat.., mary douglas
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)