What Is It To Be Poor?
I have often wondered,
what is it to be a poor?
An empty vault, a broken heart,
or my complacent self to remain at the shore?
Is it the lack of what I could've got?
Or is it the consequent melancholy that follows life?
Or is it to see some other folks, rich?
Or my desire less glory that bestows life?
Is it a queen which can never leave you?
Or is it the city's most unpaid whore?
Or is it the nothingness where I could find,
the infinite glory in being a poor? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Is It To Be Poor? by Bijay Poudel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Desire, Rex mayor Ubini
- Hey, My Name Is... (Oh, The Style of Int.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Endless Songs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- pear tree, lee fones
- FRIENDSHIP DAY, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- Turned by a wave, Mark Heathcote
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu