What Is Love?
Is love a word or is it a sound?
And can it be easily found? - -
Those who live by the creed: “For love’s sake! ”-
Is it worth the chances they take?
Is love a feeling or an action?
Or some lustful attraction? - -
Is it found in that moment of time,
When all the world seems so sublime?
These are frail attempts to love true.
For love found in its purest brew
Can never be weighed or be priced.- -
For who can value Jesus Christ?
His love for sinners never changes.
He who tracks the trackless ages,
He’ll keep our souls forever in grace - -
And will guide us on our weary race.
For Christ is love, a great love indeed.
And for all our sins he did bleed.
For he cares for those so unruly!
Christ is love, He loved - - so truly.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? by William Tell )
- The Monster, Barbara Dixion
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)