What Is Love?
Is love a word or is it a sound?
And can it be easily found? - -
Those who live by the creed: “For love’s sake! ”-
Is it worth the chances they take?
Is love a feeling or an action?
Or some lustful attraction? - -
Is it found in that moment of time,
When all the world seems so sublime?
These are frail attempts to love true.
For love found in its purest brew
Can never be weighed or be priced.- -
For who can value Jesus Christ?
His love for sinners never changes.
He who tracks the trackless ages,
He’ll keep our souls forever in grace - -
And will guide us on our weary race.
For Christ is love, a great love indeed.
And for all our sins he did bleed.
For he cares for those so unruly!
Christ is love, He loved - - so truly.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? by William Tell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Discrimination, gajanan mishra
- Your, Umasree Raghunath
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai