Warren Falcon (04/23/52 - xxxx / Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA)
What Is Revealed
the mouse in the hole who loves the hole,
how the serpent's tail shimmers as one has
tossed it with a long stick out the door
shouting - the door shouts too -
“be gone! no more! ”
one has learned to shake the sheets,
the pants, the socks, the heel-worn shoes
before the getting into because
scorpions and spiders dwell therein
and even a snake loves a warm bed
a pillow for its head
found once a skin shed on a flower-patterned
pillow case where fleecy lambs forever pink
silently bleat as the cloth grows thin from
head wear, dream wear
because I was once a sleeping man
Poet Other Poems
- 3 AM Kingfisher Sonata
- A Grief Earned - An Ode Beginning & Endi...
- A Gypsy Cab Author Caught In A Texas Mi...
- A Poem In Fragments Beginning With A Lin...
- A Shabbos Poem Beginning With A Line Fro...
- Abandoned Train Station Near Grandmother...
- After Folly - An Aging Poet Addresses On...
- Alchemical Passes For Father and Son - T...
- Amir, Prince Of Treetops, Now Sleeps In ...
- 'And The Daylight Separated The Mad Boy ...
- Annunciation - for Cesar Vallejo
- Anunciación - para César Vallejo
- Archeology - What The Stele Says 'Upon T...
- Are You Hungry? A Poem For Departure
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Hungry? A Poem For Departure by Warren Falcon )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley