What Is the Name of the Game?
I never watch much TV at night
My thoughts are on other things
TV is a waist of time each evening
Playing videos just seems right.
When I control the games
I feel nothing is going wrong
My mind is blank and free
There is no one and no shame.
So what game do you command?
I don’t know, maybe the name is chess
If I lie around I would forget all
Continue the moves and don’t demand.
Checkmate the PC won the match
Maybe tomorrow I will win
How come the PC never looses?
Who knows that might be the catch.
I need somebody to defy today
Maybe someone who doesn’t like PC’s
Celebrate a good time tonight with me
If you care, then come my way.
I am going down and I am not returning
You won’t catch me, no you won’t
The chances are over and still don’t understand
I turned the video off, and I am not crying.
Monica Engeler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is the Name of the Game? by Monica Engeler )
- daddy issues, Ivana Valasikova
- [Challenge] Entrees for September- You C.., Brian Johnston
- Dead men walk!, bryan wallace
- Tangnai Horni Simang, Boro Brahma
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)