What Is Work For Some
Many people pretend to work,
But very few actually work.
The rest of them hardly work,
Pushing files is doing work.
In front of the computer they sit,
busy working on the elusive target.
But in actual fact they surf the net,
Switching tabs from site to site.
Surfing tabs is so fast you see,
boss hardly realizes your strategy.
You close one tab opening another,
movement is so fast there is no bother.
You buy that Nintendo for your son,
and a few books from flipkart.com.
Played magic marbles and scrabble,
without your boss getting any wiser.
Then off to facebook you take a peep,
Harvesting on Farmville buying sheep.
They have English Farm and Cityville too,
games on Facebook, you play them too.
Boss sees that you are unduly busy,
he checks from the control suspiciously.
The next day you can’t access the net link,
you tube and games now are drawing blank.
They say a program had been devised,
Surfing of net aimlessly is now stopped.
All spare time is now spent gossiping.
all talk about their bosses shortcomings.
People now do not pretend to work,
they now actually have to do work.
The ones who had never done any work,
are writing on files and pushing work.
renu kakkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Work For Some by renu kakkar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fin!, Jim Yerman
- ANOTHER CHANCE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Black And Blue, Electric Lady
- TAX PAYER, alexander opicho
- Poem: Power Thoughts, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Do You Really Want To Live In The Past?, Ronald Chapman
- Sundar Sa Ehsas................, sonali kumari
- Kabhi Aisa Bhi Hota Hai..............., sonali kumari
- When the Soul Ascends, Higher, Sincair Farrell
- Mere Man Ki Uljhan…………………….., sonali kumari