What lies ahead..
The shine in the night sky,
The only bright light to the eye
No one else around us knows,
The radiant beauty our friendship throws.
The only thing we hook up to,
Talking and talking and nothing to do.
Stepping into something new,
Of which, neither of us has a clue.
Where we go is for fate to decide,
Till that moment arrives,
Let the emotions hide;
Behind the smiles
Let's go a few miles.
Let it grow,
For us to know
What lies ahead
At the other end.
The foggy today
Will fade away
Let the wind pave its way.
Tomorrow might bring along
What might be really strong.
Or all of this may, just suddenly go wrong...
Belle Bard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What lies ahead.. by Belle Bard )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Change Of Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith
- The Water, Asit Kumar Sanyal