What Lies Ahead
Childhood laughter haunts my head
Not wanting to face what lies ahead
Eyes closed knees curled up
Wishes the voices would just shut up
Diluted with hope
Fearing I won’t be able to cope
Am I going nuts?
Rocking silently on the floor
Creaking wood keeping score
Clenching my sanity to stay brave
A broken heart I cannot save
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Lies Ahead by Taryn EspositoJozefek )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amazing Grace, Mohammad Siddiqui
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- make mine extra crispy, Mandolyn ...
- ~Death Of My Creations~, Allan Gerard
- Captivations of an Art Form, F. J. Thomas