WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE
Who cares if love is blind?
As far as I am concerned, I can see
And I can see through your emotions
To know if truly you are in love
Who cares if you have fallen in love?
As far as I am concerned, I am standing
And I stand strong to pick you up
After you allow a love blind to fall you down
Something I know about love:
Love should be a beautiful thing
Something that makes you stand on your feet
Something that makes you see your heart
Love should come with butterflies
Love should make you feel strong
Adesola Tomilade's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
That special feeling we have for someone that makes us always think of that person, with fond memories is what is termed 'falling in love'
We all fall in love at one time or the other. but really, we fall in love for different reasons. Whatever reason we have for falling in love, it is advisable that we fall in love with reason, for love, though something very beautiful, can be very dangerous if abused.
Comments about this poem (WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE by Adesola Tomilade )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan
- JULEKALENDER # IIX, Gunnar Mo.
- Okane Ka? Ai ka? Kenryoku Ka?, Marites C. Cayetano
- I want to cry, gajanan mishra
- Safe and warm, hasmukh amathalal
- JULEKALENDER # VII, Gunnar Mo.
- Living With Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- December, Nassy Fesharaki