WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE
Who cares if love is blind?
As far as I am concerned, I can see
And I can see through your emotions
To know if truly you are in love
Who cares if you have fallen in love?
As far as I am concerned, I am standing
And I stand strong to pick you up
After you allow a love blind to fall you down
Something I know about love:
Love should be a beautiful thing
Something that makes you stand on your feet
Something that makes you see your heart
Love should come with butterflies
Love should make you feel strong
Adesola Tomilade's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
That special feeling we have for someone that makes us always think of that person, with fond memories is what is termed 'falling in love'
We all fall in love at one time or the other. but really, we fall in love for different reasons. Whatever reason we have for falling in love, it is advisable that we fall in love with reason, for love, though something very beautiful, can be very dangerous if abused.
Comments about this poem (WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE by Adesola Tomilade )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable