john tiong chunghoo
Mankind has since the beginning
been plagued by uncertainties,
so they turned to religion.
Or was it the other way round;
that religion had actually sought them out?
god talked to so many people?
wonder why he is keeping so quiet now
beginning of an end
faded up with homo sapiens
turning to some new creatures
he created somewhere out there?
But who is the God behind all of us?
Yahweh? Allah? Jesus Christ? Brahma?
Much confusion despite continuous
Divinations from above.
Has religion solved men's woes
Or has it made them more secure?
Seems like we're heading the other way
Mankind has cast the greatest mystery
to the world; the mystery of a Creator.
But where is he? Among the Jews, the Muslims,
the Christians, the Buddhists or the Hindus...
All these questions point to only one
come too early to mankind
whose intelligence is not ready for it!
i prefer the days when
men sang to the moon
yelled to waterfalls
cried to the sky
for answers to their predicardments!
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What! Religion? by john tiong chunghoo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman