john tiong chunghoo
Mankind has since the beginning
been plagued by uncertainties,
so they turned to religion.
Or was it the other way round;
that religion had actually sought them out?
god talked to so many people?
wonder why he is keeping so quiet now
beginning of an end
faded up with homo sapiens
turning to some new creatures
he created somewhere out there?
But who is the God behind all of us?
Yahweh? Allah? Jesus Christ? Brahma?
Much confusion despite continuous
Divinations from above.
Has religion solved men's woes
Or has it made them more secure?
Seems like we're heading the other way
Mankind has cast the greatest mystery
to the world; the mystery of a Creator.
But where is he? Among the Jews, the Muslims,
the Christians, the Buddhists or the Hindus...
All these questions point to only one
come too early to mankind
whose intelligence is not ready for it!
i prefer the days when
men sang to the moon
yelled to waterfalls
cried to the sky
for answers to their predicardments!
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What! Religion? by john tiong chunghoo )
- Searching Blonde, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
- Transformation, Amitava Sur
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 8, ramesh rai
- Space Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)