What was it?
I am what I am.
A man on the street, with a fat designation,
In ever understood it.
I earned it for you.
I know realise,
It was a futile try.
You never wanted it.
What did you want?
I know it was not my bank balance,
It was not my bottomless heart,
It was not my endless love,
What was it!
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What was it? by Hardik Vaidya )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes