! When All Is Said And Done !
Is this what life is all about?
All there is to know...
I can't believe I've come this far
And still so far to go;
I haven't scratched the surface
Barely scribbled on the page,
And here I am about to end -
It puts me in a rage!
We need an expiration date
To keep us to the task
Of reaching goals significant
To answer what we ask;
It's all so very puzzling
This living that we do,
I need my own identity
But also, I need you!
So what's the actual purpose
Of my life experience?
To keep my thoughts in motion
While I'm sitting on this fence?
I wish I had the energy
To finish up with flair,
When all is said and done I guess....................
You wager what you dare.
Linda Ori's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! When All Is Said And Done ! by Linda Ori )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Gedicht in een doekje, Madrason writer
- To Marian Haddad, -A Token Of Friendship., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- When the Colors Change, W.F.D. BLCK
- Mourning attire, Madrason writer
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin