When Dissected Souls.
We all boast of the golden past,
And delight dining upon its flavors,
But, have no faith in our very SELF,
Though often boast of buoyancy.
Attitudes in personality impressive,
Self reliance, hard work and consistency,
Uprightness, self esteem and faith,
We all do orate and propagate
In every occasion of panic and doubt,
Thus we escape into inferior shades.
Experience do season mortals,
But, his craving bubbles to be immortal.
Efforts endless on the paths of life
Continue, adorning with many a maxims.
Youngsters find it rather insane,
As are trapped in life's web so complex.
The wheels keep rolling over the sod of time,
While generations get crushed in recurrence.
Problems brutally burn raw wounds,
But, Solutions always in benefits' bondage.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When Dissected Souls. by Tajudeen Shah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- More Pleasing To The Eye, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper