When I Dreamed
The windows of my body slowly close,
Abandoned in a garden full of red rose,
Walking amidst gentle flowing stream,
Golden yellow cutting through sun beam.
Lush olive green leaves of the huge trees,
Dusty brown grass growing up to my knees,
Breathing warmth in the fresh new air,
Walking through pastures on my foot bare.
She walked all the way holding my hand,
Time was slipping away like quick sand,
Her voice was so filled with love and care,
She was gentle, shy, sensitive and very fair.
Her light blue eyes like waves of the seas,
Touching us, eloquently moved the breeze,
Words not spoken, we spoke a lot it seemed,
I walked, I lived and I fell in love when I dreamed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Dreamed by Prasad Natarajan )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)