When I Go
Friend, when I die, I won’t be dead, for I will be in Heaven instead,
Not because of flowery prayers, but, because of Him, who cares,
Christ, who cares for everyone, God’s Only Eternal Begotten Son,
Who died for me as a sacrifice, so that I could enter into Paradise.
It was Christ, who had rose again, displaying His power to all men,
This, my friend is the only power, which transforms us in that hour,
That moment we take a final breath, we will enter into life not death,
Eternal Life with Christ my friend, the perfect life which has no end.
It’s not the power of men on earth, but the power of a spiritual birth,
For it’s the power of resurrection, not mortal man’s prayer selection,
Not through prayer or man’s desire, but only by power much higher,
Only by the power of Jesus Christ, can a man enter into Eternal Life.
It begins when one is Born Again, not from prayers of religious men,
It starts when you are on the earth, when you experience a New Birth,
Born anew by The Spirit of God, as you are alive on this earthly sod,
It is not through a religious ritual, but, God’s Grace that saves a soul.
I’ve been saved by God’s Grace, Who, for me has prepared a Place,
This, for that day, if I should die, to reign and live with Christ on high;
The Rapture too, I could also see, should that Trumpet sound for me,
As I will leave this earth before I die, to meet my Savior up in the sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When I Go by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Muse In Flight Before The Approachin.., mary douglas
- Etched In The Stone The Weeping Fern Sur.., mary douglas
- Neutralize your last final words, Mark Heathcote
- Her Voice, Kristopher DeLander
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas