When I'm Not With You
I talk to myself when I'm not with you.
I say things for no reason.
I even answer myself sometimes
and pretend that you're just teasin'
I laugh silently so know one can hear
and wonder if I'm losing my mind.
But your absence has done this thing to me
and I think it's most unkind.
You should be near to hear my words
and comfort me on these days.
For then all this nonsense could leave me
and I could change my ways.
Or could I?
I think I'd be frightened you'd leave again
and things would be as before.
And slowly my mind would turn to mush
for I can't be without you anymore.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I'm Not With You by Edwina Reizer )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)