Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
When I Walk Around In The Lovely Garden 
and discover places as if it’s an adventure,
when I sit in the shadow of a tree,
when I observe new flowers
as if it’s the first time
that I behold the beauty of them
then I wonder about how glorious
Eden must have been
where animals without fear dog tame came nearer
and I wonder if there had been a kind of Godly glory
in every living thing and in every flower?
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.