When I Walk Away
does my shadow exist through the night
my voice another echo,
residing, penetrating, living.
Age a timeless pillow,
leaning against the light
surviving in quantities
the evening follows, endless blooms.
There we shall meet again,
in ageless hours,
where fires light high
above all the eye could admire.
Rushes of gold,
standing still among the twilight
angels dance with parody,
as our moments reach complexity.
Divine these showers of rain,
I give to you,
let them flood your moments
let them never fear all that lives,
between mist and longing.
For they live in forever,
and these steps taken
will lead a mile
back to you, there beyond all that is ended.
When life walks away,
I keep to the wind
and follow the moving sky.
Together we walk again....
jodde taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Walk Away by jodde taylor )
- As and when, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond in a rough, Aftab Alam
- Pollution, Lavanya Pati
- Early union, hasmukh amathalal
- EXTRA FOR BREAKFAST, Terry Collett
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 February 1970-)
Alan W. Jankowski
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)