When She Smiles
When she smiles, it's like the sunshine outshining stars above.
Transcending time and space divine with warmth and holy love.
Her joy's just like the rainbow's arc that brightens yonder sky.
Her vibrant voice sings like the lark, a gift no man could buy.
Her eyes are like those twinkling stars, like gemstones set in pearls.
Her heartbeat's soft like strummed guitars. Her hair's a thousand curls.
Her arms are like Aladdin's Cave, with treasures beyond price.
Her courage helps us to be brave. Her wisdom makes us wise.
Her memories can guide us still, through life's confusing maze.
Her prayers provide us with the will to trust God all our days.
Her hope provides us with the light that sometimes faith would share.
Like golden eagles, we take flight and glide upon the air.
Behold this maiden's heart of gold, her fashion sense and styles.
In truth, if I may be so bold... I love her... when she smiles...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When She Smiles by Denis Martindale )
- Divine Union!, Manjuri Neogi
- Never Let Anything Go, Tony Adah
- How Can I Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)