When The Monsoon Rains Hit On Tin Roofs?
In the villages
rare scent of wild flowers
solitary brooks & friendly frogs,
foxes hoot on mountain tops and lakes.
Owls like bad relatives.
Where to go here?
in the polluted towns
you hit on concrete pillars
and idle on long stainless bridges
that hold the modern civilization?
What to do,
destiny already written
and hard to erase?
Among the nameless tombs
I too a breathing corpse
in the Necropolis.
And I would like to grab the whole family and
journey into the past to see my
innocent Hometown's charm?
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I look across the year and see
Myself beside my mother's knee.]-John Greenleaf Whittier
Comments about this poem (When The Monsoon Rains Hit On Tin Roofs? by nimal dunuhinga )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What Do I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable