Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
When the spring rain pours down 
When the spring rain pours down
it seems as if the road does exude
a glorious cloud
with the fragrance of the rain being everywhere
and the fragrance of new life
that comes from the ground
when new sprouts do appear
and everything about me is green.
At this time birds rejoice
while they catch insects twittering
when a rainbow hangs colourful against the heaven
and God stretches out His great mercy over His earth,
does cover the veldt with green grass and flowers
and also with His love.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.