When tomorrow start without me
When tomorrow starts without me,
and I'm not there to see.
If the sun should rise and find your eyes,
all filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry,
the way you did today.
While thinking of the many things,
we didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
as much as I love you.
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me,
please try to understand.
That an angel came and called my name,
and took me by the hand.
And said my place was ready,
in heaven far above.
And that I'd have to leave behind,
all those I dearly love.
But as I turned to walk away,
a tear fell from my eye.
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die.
I have so much to live for,
so much left yet to do.
It seemed almost impossible,
that I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays,
the good ones and the bad.
I thought of all the love we shared,
and all the fun we had.
If I could re-live yesterday,
just even for a while.
I'd say good-bye and kiss you,
and love to see you smile.
But then I'd fully realize,
that this could never be.
For emptiness and memories,
would take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow.
I thought of you, and when I did,
my heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
from His great golden throne.
He said 'this is eternity,
and all I've promised you.'
Today your life on earth is past,
but here life starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow,
but today will always last.
And since each day's the same way,
there's no longing for the past.
You have been so faithful,
so trusting and so true.
Though you do some things,
you know you shouldn't do.
But you have been forgiven,
and now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand,
and share my life with me.
So when tomorrow starts without me,
don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here in your heart
for you amr as I know that you angry with me
Don't think that this poem as said 2 you.
Angisho kuwena, its just a poem.
Simphiwe Ntozakhe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When tomorrow start without me by Simphiwe Ntozakhe )
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)