(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
When You Are Distant From Me...
You are the Pain and the joy,
on the stage of life.
You are the pain, when your are distant
from me and you are the joy in my
memories of you.
You are the pain, when your touch I
can not feel and you are the joy,
as I hold you near.
You are the pain, when tears you
have caused and you are the joy, for the
laughter in my life.
You are the pain, when indifference enters
our life and you are the joy, when you
place me before others.
You are the pain, when you busy life, has
little time for me and you are the joy,
when there is just us.
You are the pain, as you seek that which
glitters in life and you are the joy,
as you are immersed, in the makings of God.
You are the pain, when angered and abrupt
and you are the joy when seeking
to make amends.
You are the pain, when anger is your
roadblock to reason and you are the
joy, when you step back and seek
You are the pain, in you compulsives and singleness
of purpose, to be successful...and you are
a joy, when you blanket those you
care for, with love.
You are the pain, when impatience leads you down
an uncertain path and you are the joy, as you
carefully plot a pragmatic course.
You are the pain, when you listen...but
do not hear and you the joy, when
patient and understanding.
You are the pain, when other matters,
substitute our love, and you are the joy,
when we are fused together as one.
You the a pain, in our spirited
disagreements, and you are
the joy, as you say, I love you.
The lesson we know well, that in
this life, there is no joy, unless
there is pain.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Are Distant From Me... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)